August 2, 2011

I’m. Over. It.

DSC_8082_6146 I wake up every day, but today I really WOKE UP. We broke up … again. You’d think I would be used to it. You’d think it would hurt less each time. You’d think I’d have some coping strategies in place by now. You’d think it would be less shocking. You’d be wrong on all counts. So – here I am picking myself up from Round Three, shaking my head in wonder and asking myself what in the world is wrong with me then I realized that when I woke up today something was very different. I’ve been climbing the hill for so long with my head down I didn’t realize I’d summited and was on my way down the other side.

I’m. Over. It.

Trusting your heart to another human being is the most heady, risky, crazy thing that we do in our lifetime and it is the one thing I think we must do – over and over again. It is how we live. We live to love. We risk much in the process but we gain much too.

This chapter is closed but there is something on the horizon and I am … ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment